Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things I have learned

Things I have learned while being in the UK:

I look old enough to buy liquor (hoooooray)
I do not look old enough to buy scissors. . . . . hmmmm

The trouble with rain isn't the occurence of it, but the fact that when I have to go to classes, everyone else and I all have umbrellas. I am worried about the life of my umbrella because everyone bumps it when I go to class, it's just a sea of umbrellas. Try moving with an umbrella (without harming it) when everyone else has one. I have almost resigned to put mine down and just hope that I am protected my the sea of umbrellas. Still gets me wet. . . .

I will not get anywhere in a conversation if I talk about "Football". As much as I try to say American football, it just doesn't stick, and ultimately, me and everyone else ends up having two entirely different conversations.

I still haven't had English food. I really want to! However, I have learned they have AMAZING chinese food. Also, the luxury of living with so many different types of students (my apartment or flat has 3 guys from saudi arabia, a guy from Turkey, a guy from Nigeria, 2 girls from the UK, one girl from S. Korea, and one guy from Switzerland) is that we all cook a lot and I get to try a lot of their types of food. The roommate from Turkey and his friends made us all pasta with Ketchup, beef with eggs/onions/yogurt for dinner tonight. Twas wonderful :) Yes, ketchup on pasta and beef with yogurt, you read that right.

Classes are going well so far. Democracy prevailed and I was elected the student representative for my masters program as I was the only one to raise my hand. So without opposition, I won :D Keep in mind, this was how Hitler rose to power, and I must have intimidated my classmates early :D Just kidding should this post ever come public.

Enough for tonight, I will have a political prose tomorrow for you to read and share your opinion on. Thank you for the e-mails/facebook messages on my last political post.

1 comment:

  1. YUCK.... you should have taken a picture of that meal. It really did not sound tasty.

    Loved the umbrella story. Was this a hint for mamma to buy more umbrellas and ship in care package?

    ReplyDelete